Swiped from arkaycee via starcat_jewel...
ETA: Which is to say, starcat swiped it from arkaycee and I nicked it from starcat...
THEN := May 1996
NOW := May 2006
1) How old were you?
2) Where did you work?
THEN: Hospital. Operating Room.
NOW: Hospital. Operating Room.
3) Where did you live?
THEN: KP Ranch, Baja Jorja
NOW: KP Ranch, Baja Jorja
4) How was your hair style?
THEN: short, thinning, not showing grey quite yet
NOW: short, thinning, now showing grey quite a bit
5) Did you wear contacts?
6) Did you wear glasses?
THEN: yes: reading glasses
NOW: yes, and now I'm in bifocals
7) Who was your best friend?
BUT: Yeah, there's others. Quite a few, and happy to have them, but given the stipulation in the text (best friend, singular, not plural) I gotta put down Herself.
8) Who were your pets?
THEN: Kuma, Dexter, Sinister "Sissy", and D.C.
NOW: Mamma Mudge, Da Border Collie Bros, Ras Mewson, Da Four Kittenz of de Apocalypse, and Mary Kitty (Sorry, don't count teh Horses as pets, exactly; definitely don't count the Goatz or Cowz as pets :-)
9) Who was your partner/romantic interest?
11) Who was your celebrity crush?
Yeah, blank. I don't do crushes very often
12) Who was your regular-person crush?
THEN: See the above
13) How many piercings did you have?
14) How many tattoos did you have?
15) What was your favorite band/singer?
Tough question to answer. I mean, I've got genre's which are favorites for sure (Big Band, 60's and 70's rock, Jazz, and what is commonly called "Classical" but constitutes a wide variety of time periods, Gregorian, other period music) but narrowing it down more than that?
16) Had you smoked a cigarette?
BUT: Duh! If I'd smoked (past tense) a cigarette Then, I've still smoked one Now. Even Then, it had been better than 20 years since I'd smoked, and when I did I was quite literally someplace where other things would kill me a lot sooner than smoking. I stopped when I left that place.
17) Had you gotten drunk?
AND: see #16, eh?
18) Looking back at your decade-ago self, are you where you thought you would be in 2006?: Yeah, pretty much. Some things are on the list of, well, hadn't thought about that much in detail but in general I'm there. Other things, yeah, I'm where I figured I'd be in the Plan (if such is worth measuring against). There are some interesting things (to me) about this meme, and probably the timing of it. Ten years ago this month my mother died; my father had died five months earlier.