Up to damn early. Out to feed the Ranch critters, while Herself trundled on down the road to Faire. Followed after, helped Skippy of fatfred sell puppets. Back home in the evening, fed the kidlets and the Bros. Crashed. Up too damn early again and did it one more time.
Why Worry About This?:
But wait, there's more:
Hoggetowne is interesting. Particularly if one works the Faire. Over time, certain things stand out. Like, remembering faces over the years, of someone wandering by in ...
- Really bad elf/pixie/fairy costume
- Ninjas. Right. At a Medieval Faire with the theme of either King Arthur and the Round Table, or Robin Hood (alternating years). We're gonna see ninja in Merry Olde or Older England? I don't think so. Furthermore, Ninja? Actually, a real, and a good ninja, you aren't gonna see. He/She is gonna look like that person next to you. Or that otter.
- Middle Eastern Dance Troupes. Which ones are good. Which ones aren't.
- Music Bands, likewise. Empty Hats, if you get a chance, are a pretty good listen.
Or some other outstanding experiences, like ...
- Elephant urine. Oh. Baby.
- Some people really shouldn't wear bare midriff bondage outfits in public. Really.
- Some people Really Should. It's more ... attitude, I think. Just wearing it because it's a place you can, eh. Actually getting into the character, that carries it off.
I'm not being totally fair. There've been some really cool things over the years. This year, though, the energy levels felt really low. I know Skippy says she did OK and she did. But then again, I've been with her at Hoggetowne a number of years, and I can recall much better opening weekends, much better sales. And I know ichthyus was really excited by her first jewelery sale. Overall, my big thing is it's time I get to spend with friends, helping them do something that makes parts of their year better (extra spending $$ is always good), with opportunities to play off each other as well.
snookum, you were missed. Would've helped a lot to have another set of eyes and hands to help keep those otterz under control.