- Developer used Front Page, not a problem per se (even tho it is a Micro Shaft application) but makes direct editing of the pages rather... difficult
- Need a copy of the web site which is current; can't just download same via the site admin login.
- Can generate a backup of the site via the provider; however, can't download the backup file, see above.
- Can access via FTP. Oh Cool, I shall connect via CuteFTP, the app I use for same for my (rather in need of much updating) photography website.
- Took a bit, but did get connected via FTP. Then couldn't access the proper directory. Check for permissions.
- THEN: CuteFTP proceeds to tell my that my evaluation period is over, please register.
WTF? I very distinctly remember purchasing CuteFTP Pro. It's registered. I needed the Pro version because I was
And it did, and now I can't get back in. Well, says I, I'll just go check the serial number on old laptop; haven't reformatted that hard drive yet so I can still get there. Yup, here it comes.
Oh. Look. It is an earlier version.
So here I am with an earlier version serial number, a more recent (but not absolutely current) version installed, which evidently I downloaded when I obtained new laptop (last year) because I couldn't find my copy of the originally purchased version (probably downloaded... ) and... no FTP joy yet.
There will be no downloading of current version today, on Rural, Old, North Central Baja Jorja Telephone Line Dial-up. Even though today is a good connection (44 Kbps). And since the installed version is two versions older than the current version, I suppose that involves purchasing the upgrade as well.
At least they take PayPal.
In case the link above doesn't work, the Levy County Fair website is: http://levycountyfair.com so go check it out.