I haven't activated the new account/numbers (they're the same numbers, and the old phones are still responding to them) quite yet. The instructions that came with both phones indicated getting the batteries fully charged first (done), and for the Treo installing the synchronisation software and synching the device first.
Herein lies the current dilemma. I ordered the phone under the impression it is using Palm's operating system. This proves not to be the case. It's using Windows Mobile, and so the software is Microshaft's Active Synch. I've installed that. It appears to have installed acceptably. However, the PC won't find the device, even when the device is connected via the hot-synch cable. What I can see of the configuration setup is that it's all set up correctly, but I don't have the time right now to trouble-shoot in depth.
Meanwhile, the old phone is connecting, the old Palm Tungsten is still working though with wonky colours (and not Willy Wonka either) on the display making it very difficult to read. More on the saga as time permits.
Because Hospital wants me to do things, other things, than getting my new phone toy working.