List 20 people you know, in no particular order.
Now: 30 questions
01. How did you meet 13? Through an on-line fine art photography community she created.
02. What would you do if you never met 5? What, again? The start up instruction is list people I know, and I've known her for nigh on 30 years. Sit down and visit!
03. Have you ever liked 3? Yes.
04. What do you honestly think of 10? Intelligent, talented, caring, dead.
05. Would or did 19 and 8 go out? Considering they've never met, they haven't gone out. Would they? Maybe, under the proper circumstances. I'm not holding my breath.
06. If 1 died tomorrow, what is one thing that you would need him/her to know? How much I've appreciated our friendship over the years. She knows.
07. Would 2 and 11 make a good couple? Um... well, half of the combination might be open to the concept, the other half doesn't lean that way.
08. Describe 6 in 3 words: Fun, witty, dead.
09. Do you think 12 is hott? I don't lean that way *G*, but I know that C thinks he is!
10. Would 3 and 17 ever go out? I doubt it.
11. What do you think of when you see 7? Fine carpentry.
12. Tell me something humiliating about 11? I don't think I know anything humiliating about her. I truly can't think of anything.
13. Do you know any of 15's family members? No. Never met them except in recollections.
14. What's 20's favorite color? I'm guessing: blue.
15. On a scale of 1-10 how cute is 14? Oh, somewhere around 7.5. *G*
16. What would you do if 4 just professed their undying love for you? Be surprised. Be very surprised.
17. What language does 19 speak? American English.
18. Who is 18 going out with? Damfino
19. Does 1 have any siblings? Yes, six of them.
20. Would you ever date 7? No. Neither one of us lean that way.
21. Is 15 single? No.
22. What is 10's fantasy? A humongous blue and white cloak... no, wait a minute, that was real.
23. What school does 16 go to? URLHK... University of Real Life and Hard Knocks.
24. Where does 9 live? In the State of Being... or Virginia, most recently.
25. Would you make out with 13? This would (because of our mutual respect and affection) require that certain circumstances exist. Given those circumstances... absolutely!
26. How did you meet 15? Through a friend and the Internet Place.
27. What grade is 17 in? URLHK... see # 23 above.
28. When was the last time you talked to 12? About three weeks ago.
29. What is 3's favorite band? At one time, CSNY. Now? Damfino
30. Would you have sex with 17? No.
If time travel were a practical reality and you could sit down and have a conversation with any ten people in history, who would it be? Presume that you have a universal translator, so that is not an issue. Also presume that the person would be willing to sit down and talk with you.
1. Florence Nightengale. Mind you, she wouldn't have been on this list if I were answering these questions 35 years ago. Now, though, yes I would truly enjoy a conversation with Florence.
2. A certain carpenter from what is now called the Middle East. Questions about a lot of things, including (believe it or not) what wood-working tools he used.
3. Abraham Lincoln.
4. Leonardo Da Vinci. I particularly want to know if he did indeed experiment with albumin emulsions and camera oscurae, but this is not the only thing on the agenda.
5. Sen Rikyu.
6. Auguste Rodin.
7. Captain James Cook.
8. Margaret Bourke-White. On portrait photography, and photography in general.
10. Jules Verne.
July 19, 2004
"Following the morning shoot, sister, bro-in-law and I drove up Pike's Peak all the way to the summit."